You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo App Store vs Website Download

I was going to purchase using apple App Store but I can see that is I order directly from your website it says you get a free bonus Macro Pack, can you confirm if you get this bonus pack when purchasing through apple store or is this exclusive to website purchase?

Also if I purchase full version for my iMac, am I able to download the iPad version for free to use when I am on the go?

Thanks

• Staff

Hi drew32,

Welcome to the forums.

After purchasing and installing from the Mac App Store on the Welcome screen is a link to the free Macro Pack download. The iPad version is a separate app and can only be purchased from the iOS App Store.

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW, the delay occurs because the app "phones home" over the internet to fetch the most current info about the available products & promotional offers. A consequence of this is if the Mac is not connected to the internet or a firewall or third party utility like Little Snitch blocks access to the servers, it will never update.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

36 minutes ago, R C-R said:

FWIW, the delay occurs because the app "phones home" over the internet to fetch the most current info about the available products & promotional offers.

The Force Macro Pack Vol. 1 offer is a permanent offer, so there’s no need to fetch current info about it via the app. Just go here:

https://affin.co/macropack

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

28 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

The Force Macro Pack Vol. 1 offer is a permanent offer, so there’s no need to fetch current info about it via the app.

True, but that might change at some point in the future, like maybe with a new version with more or improved macros, & the promo stuff does change from time to time.

What would be helpful is some on-screen indication that the Welcome screen is trying to connect to the servers, possibly similar to the way the Samples pane does that with the round progress indicator.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 year later...

Hi,  I have been unable to update Affinity Photo from 1.7.1 to 1.7.3 using the App store - I have been trying for 2 weeks but it fails every time.  I can update other apps, purchase etc, but no updates for Affinity.  Fortunately my Publisher and Designer were purchased directly via Affinity.  Does anyone else experience this problem, does anyone know of a solution ?

Cheers

Follow these instructions:

You may find it helpful to read the later posts to the above thread.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)