You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In the latest beta (1.7.0.139) in some fonts like P22 Underground Pro there appears a ridiculously wide gap after umlauts (ä, ö, ü) with “Small Caps” or “All Small Caps”. (see screenshot) Line 4 appears normal, but the “Special Characters” are off, too. This was not the case until at least two betas ago (I skipped the one before this), and other fonts appear normal, as far as I have tried.

And right-aligned looks even worse, although it hasn’t been flush in any beta yet.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-03 um 17.22.03.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-03 um 17.26.48.png

Hi,

I’ve uploaded the culprit (please delete after inspection). On further investigation, it seems like it occurs not only in connection with “Small Caps” or “All Small Caps”, but in addition with an OpenType stylistic set, particularly SS06 (in this font responsible for turning square dots into round ones). Setting stylistic sets to default “solves” the issue, but at the expense of reducing typographic options.

I have found other fonts that also behave unexpectedly with stylistic sets selected, the macOS system font Iowan Old Style e. g. has the gap after each letter S (see new screenshots with and without stylistic set selected).

The horrible alignment on right-aligned text persists independently.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-04 um 18.36.50.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-04 um 18.36.40.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.