You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pen Tool issues to draw a form like shark fin

Hello,

I am wondering how I can draw a form like a shark fin, or a triangle with one concave line and one convex one. And when I try to do so, it doesn't work. I always get two convex lines. With Illustrator, it was easy. To avoid such a thing, you only had to click once on the canevas, and the line was straight afterwards and you could bend them like you want. With Affinity Designer, it seems impossible to do so. I tried everything. I red the user guide and I can't find any explanations.

Could someone tell me how to do what I want to do, otherwise this app has no use for me...

I would appreciate if I could get a quick answer...

Best...

Sans titre.tiff

• Staff

Hi Laurent,

The quickest way to do it is drawing a triangle with the Pen Tool, then with the triangle still selected change to the Node Tool and click and drag over the path segments (a small curvy line will appear near the Node Tool cursor) to where you want to place them.

Take a look at the first issue of Affinity Review. There's a detailed video tutorial explaining everything you need to know about the Pen Tool in Affinity Designer on page 39 (ibooks format). If you have any questions just post them here and i will do my best to reply to them.