You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't copy image from Publisher to start a new Designer edition from clipboard

Hello,

I have paste several images on a publisher document. Then I need to edit them with Affinity designer. I know that in future the editing will be simple but for now I could not copy image from Publisher, start Designer and call File / New from clipboard... I need to copy from Publisher, paste in MS Paint (for example), copy from MS Paint, start designer and call File / New from clipboard. 

It would be great to avoid the MS Paint Paste / Copy operation between Publisher and Designer.

Did I missed something ?

Don’t use MS Paint: everything will be rasterized. Until we get full compatibility when Affinity Designer version 1.7 is released, the best way forward is to export to PDF from Publisher and then open the PDF file in Designer.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

HI PyrosBrother

As Alfred explained you need 1.7 or Designer and Photo to be available. This is because the later version contains serialisation and code not understood by the earlier versions. It should hopefully not be too long before a beta of these becomes available

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.