You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Testing Affinity Publisher (Mac) Auto-Update

Worked here, too. First startup, the app crashed. But then it started fine. Maybe just a glitch.

My BOOK (created with Publisher, Designer & Photo):
Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way)

My WEBSITE (also developed using Affinity apps):
www.RolandK.ca — "Relentless adventures in self-expression"

[Power Mac & Intel PC (HighSierra/Monterey/Win 10]

• Staff
38 minutes ago, TheOtherRoland said:

Worked here, too. First startup, the app crashed. But then it started fine. Maybe just a glitch.

Thanks,let us know if it happens again please

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

It worked fine for me, although it opened on a blank screen whereby I had to Reset Studio to see all the tools panels, etc. I could still start a new project, it was just slightly disconcerting.

Kevin

Using: Mac OSX Monterey on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. Pencils. Pens. Other stuff...

Kevin McSherry: Creative. Art  :  Illustration  :  Design
The Studio, 17 Aideen Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W.  Ireland
+353 (0)86 247 0737   www.mcsherry.ie

160604_35%2Bicon%2Baffinity.jpg

• Staff
1 minute ago, kevinmcsherry said:

whereby I had to Reset Studio to see all the tools panels, etc. I could still start a new project, it was just slightly disconcerting.

Well that is not what anyone else has reported. Please let us know if this ever happens during the beta

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Nope. I was wrong. It opened perfectly. Sorry about that...

Mutter, mutter...

Using: Mac OSX Monterey on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. Pencils. Pens. Other stuff...

Kevin McSherry: Creative. Art  :  Illustration  :  Design
The Studio, 17 Aideen Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W.  Ireland
+353 (0)86 247 0737   www.mcsherry.ie

160604_35%2Bicon%2Baffinity.jpg

Hello Patrick,

Downloaded 1.7.0, 145.

Update was quick and painless. (They all have so far...)  I've checked the manual update and it tells me I'm running the current version.  (It let me know before...that there was a new version and I used the updater without a hitch.)  Done that a couple of times with the full downloads when the beta expired...but this was the first time it was just a little file update to test, presumably, the updater.  Again.  Fine.  No issues.  Good job on that.   What I like about Affinity programs.  The sheer level of professional polish.  Really taking the game to the competition in the Design, Photo and Publisher spaces.  No subscriptions.  No rental annoyance or hostage to fortune.  Just an honest price for top draw creative/professional apps.  From me?  Amen.

Running a 2014 iMac, 8 gigs of ram with Nvidia 680MX...27 inch screen.  (Affinity apps look great on a big screen...)

Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6.

Trucking through the some of the initial Publisher tutorials.  Simple.  Elegant.  Powerful.  A joy to use.

Keep up the blistering pace of innovation in Publisher!

Azrael.

• Staff
On 10/12/2018 at 5:59 PM, Azrael said:

I know it's the wrong thread.  But

It's the wrong thread. This cannot be addressed in this thread and will be overlooked here. Please post this in Discussions & Suggestions

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
3 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Hi,

"Check for Updates" dosen't work for me, from 1.7.0.145 to the latest …

Had to download 1.7.0.157 manually …

Keep on rocking …

From the 4th line of the announcement

2 hours ago, AdamW said:

Hi, we have a preview of build 157 now available. We hope to put it on auto-update tomorrow but for now it is a manual download.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

hello, not really a bug but something annoying...

I installed Publisher on my main mac and also on my laptop which is not often connected to the internet. 3 days ago , when launching beta 140, it tells me that the beta is timouted and that I have to download the new version (145)... I remember that the update from 140 to 145 was about 40MB.... So I find very stupid to force to a full download while the update is on the server... I think a good way to manage that would be to force to upgrade to continue using the software...

another (strange ?) thing... today after having launched the beta 140 145, it asked me to upgrade to 157... ok let's go it starts downloading for around 116 MB IIRC.... ok but when coming back to my laptop, it was downloading a more than 300MB "file".. moreover after stoppng the process, it seems the 116MB will have to be downloading again for updating.... So I'll take the laptop home and update through wifi and not using 4G as usual...

• Staff

@joel_ec

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

We only "force" a full download through autoupdate on the user if the partial update just downloaded fails to install, which should be rare. Currently 157 is not on autoupdate and 140 is still updating to 145. The first post here will be updated when 1.7.0.157 stops being only a manual download and is put onto autoupdate also.

The beta is initially served up from a server that does not support restarting downloads, but the release builds are on better servers and this beta download experience will not be carried forward.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
3 minutes ago, joel_ec said:

On my laptop, beta 145 asked me for update to 157 at 12:00 today..., now on my mac mini, it says 145 is the newest available...

(will add more infos later when bringing back the laptop to home)

Is the laptop on Windows?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

On 11/2/2018 at 8:47 PM, dcarvalho84 said:

I couldn't, this time, update via update to .157. I've had an error message after extract and even if i click on search for updates it tell me that i'm up to date. So i'm manually installing the update. Not a problem. Just to let you know.

Same here. Manually installing went fine.

• Staff

@Jon W, Please note this incremental update has been less successful than last weeks

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.