You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Testing Affinity Publisher (Mac) Auto-Update

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

As long as you added them through the UI in the app this is fine. I meant tweaking the installed files (in Applications).

It's good that the installer has this fallback and frankly I don't need you to do any more checking for now thanks, there will be plenty more updates before release and if internet is slow where you are this testing can wait until there are real benefits like there will be in build .141. Thanks for the interesting report.

Hello @Patrick Connor the download failed twice already, i think i will leave it there for today and give it another try tomorrow.
Thank you for your support.

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• Staff

@Arnaud Mez please don't bother if you are on 1.7.0.139 or 1.7.0.140 then just wait until the next update and try again then

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hey, Patrick...

The Update process was smooth. Two things I noticed: (1) As others have said, "extracting" took quite some time; and (2) as your own screenshot attests, the Software Update window tells me that version 1.7.0.140 is available, but tells me that I have 1.7.0 (note: it does NOT tell me that I have build .139). It might have been confusing if I did not know ahead of time what to expect. Hopefully, a minor and certainly less-than-consequential glitch.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

9 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

No, but you can now choose whether to buy from the Mac app store or the Affinity store, and all customer betas will do this.

Does this mean I could acquire a license for Mac in your own store, besides the app store? If so, why is this the case? I would happily buy directly from you instead of doing it via the app-store. Will programs run differently when not being sandboxed?

• Staff
2 hours ago, postmadesign said:

Does this mean I could acquire a license for Mac in your own store, besides the app store?

Yes, that is what it means. Both are now available options, whichever suits the customer.

2 hours ago, postmadesign said:

If so, why is this the case? I would happily buy directly from you instead of doing it via the app-store. Will programs run differently when not being sandboxed?

It is the case because we want it.... For a while the only way to sell to corporate and schools is to license outside of the Mac App Store who do not do bulk license options. The same software that schools have had for a while is now available to anyone. There are only a few differences because of not being sandboxed, but this thread is really not the place for that discussion.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

8 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Yes, that is what it means. Both are now available options, whichever suits the customer.

It is the case because we want it.... For a while the only way to sell to corporate and schools is to license outside of the Mac App Store who do not do bulk license options. The same software that schools have had for a while is now available to anyone. There are only a few differences because of not being sandboxed, but this thread is really not the place for that discussion.

OK, thanks for the comment, good to know!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.