You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

WIN 10 - Publisher permanently inactiv

Hello, support,
since a few days, even before the version *.139 Publisher (according to TaskManager) allows itself to be "permanently inactive". If I have detected it correctly, this problem occurs when inserting images with the extension *.svg. A smooth working is not possible as soon as I access the SVGs. Another impression is that the CPU and memory are used too much.

I test the Publisher on 3 different systems. The following parameters have to be specified for 2 of the 3 systems:
1st ASUS ROG, (Intel Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.5 GHz) WIN 10 (with last update), 32 GB RAM, graphics card NiVidia GeForce GTX980M
2nd Acer (Intel Core i5-3337U CPU @ 1,80 GHz) with WIN 10 (with last update). 4 GB RAM, graphics card Intel HD Graphics 4000

On all systems the same problem (permanently inactive as soon as I want to move the SVG's). That the Acer Tablet is not a "Sprinter" is obvious, but so far it was possible to work there "quickly".
But I'm not familiar with the fact that the "ROG" gives me long coffee breaks all the time. It has to work really hard normally!

All other started programs have no problems and work well!

What can I do to restore a smooth workflow?

Mr Sapling

Hello lonly wanderer,

the following tests I did and the results are:

=> I delete all *.svg and now I can work like before, in fact with the old tablet too.

=> I placed two *.svg without to wrap the text and there is no "problem". This make sense, because I have another document about 1,5 GB and some SVG's (> 20) too, no wrapped text, and all machines run well.

I hope this helps to eleminate this "problem" soon.

Don't hesitate to ask for more information or a file, if you solve the problem draughty. B| :ph34r:

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.