You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can´t arrange pages

• Staff

Hi mschwerer,
The pages are switching positions but since you don't have any content to identify each one it seems the program isn't doing anything. Place a coloured rectangle in each of them (different colours) and you will see that they will in fact change order. In your video you are also dragging the page two to the right of the first page which just keeps the order as it is - you have to drag to the left edge the first page as you were trying almost at the end of the clip. Note the labels (page numbers below each page)in the Pages panel don't ever change their order.

• Staff

I think perhaps you were expecting the page numbers to be re-ordered too? So for example, when you drag Page 1 below Page 2, you want the order to visually read Page 2, Page 1, Page 3?

Or is it simply when MEB said and the fact you have no content on the page, it just looks like it isn't changing? 

• Staff

Hi mschwerer,
I'm still not sure I understood you. Do you mean you want to drag the page and keep it in its new position so that for example if you have single page it will become a double page spread and if it's already a double page spread it becomes a three page spread? is that it? If so that's not possible.

1 hour ago, mschwerer said:

I want to add 1 or 2 Pages beyond the other page like i can do in InDesign. I could place 3 DIN A4 Pages beyond as on page with a width of 63 cm

Pretty sure you can't do that yet.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Ah I see now, thank you for getting back to me. You can adjust the settings to turn a single page document into a double-page spread but other than that the rest is not possible. Currently Affinity Publisher doesn't support spreads with more than two pages. I'm moving this thread to the Discussions and Suggestions for Affinity Publisher Beta on Desktop since this is not a bug per si but an improvement request. Thank you for your feedback/support.