You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RAW import from photos not into Develop persona

Hi.

I’m using iOS 12 with Nikon NEF RAW files. I have my RAW files and JPGS in iPhotos using a sync from iTunes on my PC.

When I “Import from Photos” the file shows as RAW in the index sheet but opens into the Photo not the Develop persona.

Is there something I have set wrong?

Thanks

Andy

Lee.

I'm importing photos from 2 different cameras. One is a Canon T3i using CR2 RAW format and the other is a Nikon D5600.\

I'm an iOS newbie. All my photos have been transferred to the iPad from my PC using a USB iTunes sync.

When I look at the photos using Exif Viewer the EXIF data shows the RAW file size to be almost the same as the matching JPG at ~4Mb. On the PC the RAW files are around 20-25Mb.

I'm not sure if this is just a calculation of the number of pixels or a true value of file size as, obviously, I can't see the file structure in iPhotos.

Thanks

Andy

It seems that the problem is in the import to iPhoto.

I have some photos that I imported from the SD card and the RAW files in that group "Camera Roll" and "Recently Added" open straight into Develop persona. The RAW photos that were synced using iTunes in the iPhoto app open into the Photos persona.

I'm not sure why this is as iPhoto clearly identifies the photos as RAW but doesn't seem to process them that way.

This isn't a solution but at least I know what I now need to work around!!