You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master Pages do not allow picas as units

Just tried to set up master facing pages.  Picas do not appear as a measurement unit.  Document pages permit them.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

The margins part of the master page setup allows picas.  The first dialog box does not show them.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Weirdness. If I change the document setup to Picas and then go to the Master Page setup the size is shown in picas but will revert to inches because Picas are not in the drop down menu. Probably an oversight when building this version. I can change the size by specifying Picas or any other acceptable units.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

10 minutes ago, KipV said:

Also we need the ability to switch to picas from the rulers. I realize this beta was probably rushed out and you intended to add these things later but I just thought I would make sure by pointing out that they still need to be added. Thanks!

My rulers will show Picas if the document is set up in Picas or do you mean you want to change the units on the rulers only and leave the rest of the interface in whichever Inches/cm/mm/pixels it was setup in?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
13 hours ago, KipV said:

Also we need the ability to switch to picas from the rulers. I realize this beta was probably rushed out and you intended to add these things later but I just thought I would make sure by pointing out that they still need to be added. Thanks!

Yes, I see they are also missing from right click on the ruler origin. Thanks.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.