You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't add single page at beginning

I am unable to add a single page at the beginning of my doc that is made up of a dozen 2-page spreads. I go to the "add pages" window and instruct to add a single page before the current page 1; and I instruct to add "Master B" which I set up as a single page. But when I click "ok" what happens is that a single blank page replaces "page 1" of my first 2-page spread. Not what I want, for printing purposes; I want the back side of page one of that first spread to be blank.

Hi Jemez

This is most likely because you have it set up with the starting page on the right, so page 1 will always be that single right page. In document setup change the setting to start on the left which make the first spread a double page spread you can then add you page before page on and the other pages will move accordingly

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

2 hours ago, Jemez said:

Chris - thanks for quick input, but that did not work. I'm already set up with start page on left...

Choose a page and then click the Document Setup...

image.png.b8d5363f6d758640f37f54cd71aa7477.png

Change Start on to whatever you want.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi Jemez,
If you want to insert a single empty page to the beginning of the document before your first double-page spread (basically a white cover if I understood you correctly), click the Document Setup button in the context toolbar (Move Tool selected), on the Layout tab set the Start on dropdown to Right, then add a new page (click App Pages button) before page 1 as you have been trying to do. It should add an empty page before your current spread keeping its current layout.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.