You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Short feature videos

Hi, as mentioned in an earlier thread we have a growing collection of mini vids that each showcase a single feature for promo purposes. They'll most likely end up on the Affinity website to complement the descriptions there.

Let us know your thoughts good or bad, thanks everyone.

<Links removed>

One of our creatives is also making similar short and sexy videos to promote the Affinity Designer beta via Twitter, if you could retweet them that would be a real help, thanks.

https://twitter.com/MacAffinity

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

• Staff

Hi Dale,

I think the videos are all very well made.

I liked in particular the tutorial videos. They are short enough and concise.

The feature videos are great as well. No sound helps to focus and understand what's going on.

The quick intro in the #BecauseWeCan series based on the Affinity logo is really nice.

The only aspect i'm not so sure about is the music selected for #BecauseWeCan video series.

I think the mood isn't quite there. I was expecting something more energetic, with a little more punch without being pretentious.

The actual music is maybe too much unpretentious and light. It lacks some presence for a series that's supposed to engage based on the strengths of the program.

But as other things this is rather personal and some people may find it perfectly adequate. Only trying/comparing with a couple different options we can evaluate better which one works best.

Dale, I like what you have done on the tutorials. Maybe a voice to say what you are doing would add a little to them.

Gregg

OS X Version 10.14.6 iMac 27" 3.2 GHz i5- 32 GB  Huion Kamvas Pro 20

iPad Pro 12.9" IOS 13

AD = OS IOS, AP = OS IOS

Dale, I like what you have done on the tutorials. Maybe a voice to say what you are doing would add a little to them.

Hi Gregg, the tutorials do have a voiceover talking about what the operator is doing. The feature videos and #BecauseWeCan promo vids don't, do you think one or both of those video types should have some? I hoped they are so simple that it's easy to see what's happening.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

Dale, I use to teach in the Military(A four year assignment). One of the things I learned was that people learn in many different ways....i.e. visual, sound etc. I just think having a voice with the visual increases the learning for everyone. Your visual is very well done.

Gregg

OS X Version 10.14.6 iMac 27" 3.2 GHz i5- 32 GB  Huion Kamvas Pro 20

iPad Pro 12.9" IOS 13

AD = OS IOS, AP = OS IOS

Dale, I use to teach in the Military(A four year assignment). One of the things I learned was that people learn in many different ways....i.e. visual, sound etc. I just think having a voice with the visual increases the learning for everyone. Your visual is very well done.

Agreed, as it happens I'm a visual learner but the short tutorials are pretty quick and by the time I'd followed the cursor around it had finished, so the option to listen, second time round, would have been good for me, too. I was searching around for a volume control....

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

They do work as promotional purposes - having slept on it - I can still see them in my mind, I've tried out the gradients (because I wanted to have a go at what I'd seen) and I didn't need to hear the instructions. Zoom and gradients, especially, are nice-sized nuggets of information, I could cope with lots more!

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

• 2 months later...