You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adding a "Update" button so the embedded document updates.

I use Photo the most, because I can work both with vectors and rastered images and use all the pixel editing tools, also Photo has Live Filters.
But, when I want to mount everything in artboards in Designer, and I embed my assets, they don't auto-update, or at least there is no update button. Having to click on Replace Document, find the document, click ok, in order to update changes is not practical.

Auto-update would be even better but it's optional.

Thank you.

Photo_2018-10-02_04-34-28.png

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Adding the suggested improvement, to update bitmaps in Designer would be great. Linking in Publisher cannot practically replace  updating in Designer.

In Designer I am placing bitmaps behind digits: that works fine (except for the updating option) But when doing this in Publisher: First adding the designer picture with the digits then trying to place images behind the  digits, there are no more separated digits, just one picture and the bitmaps will be placed after the complete designer picture, the separated digits don't exist as digits anymore...

• 3 months later...

+1 I have to agree, an update Button, or a Auto-update for embedded files on affinity / Designer and Photo would be really great workflow,

I'm dealing with social media pages where I need to use different Templates, ex: same images and logos to export  for  web sites / instagram / facebook,

but the main situation is, when I need to replace some images from the embed documents template to change in all documents like syncronized

I'm using symbols at this point but of course a way to update the embed document would be very awesome. if is not possible to sync, A button just to update would be helpful

hey  @MattP see if this is possible for the next updates :D

Learn more: 🔴Youtube: Vectorize with Jhon
Follow me:      📷 Instagram     |    :227_bird: Twitter   |  📘  Facebook
Free Affinity Assets: https://gumroad.com/jhonsilva

• 3 months later...

The 1.9 beta versions of Designer and Photo allow Linking as well as Embedding, and provide the Resource Manager which will allow updating Linked files that have changed.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

53 minutes ago, 2989 said:

Please !!!!

Hi @2989,

in recent betas linked files and a Resource Manager have been introduced. This means you can have linked files that are automatically updated if they are modified outside.

This is different from updating embedded files but in effect should work similar to what you are asking for.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The 1.9 beta versions of Designer and Photo allow Linking as well as Embedding, and provide the Resource Manager which will allow updating Linked files that have changed.

You beat me by the second 😉

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil