You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Help Search Doesn't Work

Hi, I'm new to Affinity Photo, so I need to use Help a lot right now. I am accessing it from the Help menu, then choosing the "Affinity Photo Help" option in that menu.

936647108_ScreenShot2018-10-01at1_14_07PM.png.f40c044d5dc7a9a729a0e34963679d23.png

However, the search option in the Help window turns up nothing useful when I search for obvious terms like guides, ruler, grid, etc. Instead I see help topics for other applications. For example, I searched for "guides" in the Help window and got this: 

1244607460_ScreenShot2018-10-01at1_09_16PM.png.c0b1dfde503e69da0ce587b9659137f0.png

And when I click on the one result it found, I get this: 

1984593172_ScreenShot2018-10-01at1_12_44PM.png.d96dddbbd72be6d5589e8f35d1a7f27d.png

Basically, nothing. The only way I can find any help topics is to manually find a related topic in the table of contents, which is slow. 

1658862044_ScreenShot2018-10-01at1_16_53PM.png.27b259b240fc998416a21ab16ed4dd4a.png

Why does the search function in the Help file for Affinity Photo not work? Is this a bug in macOS or the AP help file? 

Okay, thanks, Lee. I'm hoping this can be fixed soon, I'm finding it a bit frustrating trying to learn all the features of Affinity Photo without having any help to reference, and having to ask some really basic questions here in the forum as a result. 

• Staff
9 minutes ago, TomHu said:

Fantastic! That's a huge help, thanks! 

Except that searching for "Guides" (and many other things) in the online Affinity Photo help gives the wrong results too, missing the whole dedicated section but for a different reason!! I am reporting this to the documentation team 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

22 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Except that searching for "Guides" (and many other things) in the online Affinity Photo help gives the wrong results too, missing the whole dedicated section but for a different reason!! I am reporting this to the documentation team 

You're right! A page on Dynamic Guides appears in the search results for "guides," but the dedicated Guides section is missing from the search results.

Also, there's no way to get back to the Home page of Help, or to do another search. 

Also 2: I need a magnifying glass to read that table of contents, so tiny! 

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

the online Affinity Photo help gives the wrong results too, missing the whole dedicated section but for a different reason!! I am reporting this to the documentation team 

Thanks, Patrick.

That search engine is......at best....shall we say.....rather.....

inadequate.:|

Affinity Designer & Photo  :  Win 10

13 hours ago, Lee D said:

It seems to be affecting Mojave users as i believe some other apps have the same issue, our developers are looking into it.

It seems to be working OK in High Sierra:
746321143_APhelp-guides.jpg.2c5992c80f14da0a0b88aa4def9180a1.jpg

However, sometimes it takes a while to update from the 'more on the web' message. Updating is indicated by a thin, hard to see blue line just below the header section that grows from left to right like a very thin progress bar.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7