Mark Clifford

Lagging. Never used to be like this Affinity!

Hi Mark Clifford :)

I'm sorry to see this, it certainly isn't expected behaviour. Could you please confirm what version of Mac OS you're running?

Resetting the app back to defaults may help. You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. 

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video.

Hello Dan, 

Thank you so much for getting back to me! Here are the specs on my Mac. I have exported all my settings and ready to do whatever necessary.. 

EDIT: Your suggestion of clearing user data seems to have solved it. It's going to be a right pain exporting all my settings again should it happen in the future.

523380131_IMG1.png.9be14fef3e5e42fbdf23fc34ed180aed.png

I am founder and managing director of Metcast, a meteorological agency which has operated Snow Watch since it's inception in 2008. 

Mark, I have found one thing that seems to really slow down Ad for me and that is to leave the Undo Limit at a high number.  I can't imaging wanting to Undo over a thousand steps.  Anyway I have had better operations when it is set to 400 some Undos.  I hope that helps.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

5 minutes ago, Gear maker said:

Mark, I have found one thing that seems to really slow down Ad for me and that is to leave the Undo Limit at a high number.  I can't imaging wanting to Undo over a thousand steps.  Anyway I have had better operations when it is set to 400 some Undos.  I hope that helps.

Thanks! Mine was just above 1000 so it cannot be that surely. I have found by playing around though that it is significantly improve after switching off the tools highlights below :35_thinking:

1992819073_ScreenShot.thumb.png.9e0681390eb697c972c4acda14b6cfc0.png

I am founder and managing director of Metcast, a meteorological agency which has operated Snow Watch since it's inception in 2008. 

Was it the snapping or one of the force Pixel selections?  I don't usually have the force pixel setting on, but always have snap on (just about always) with no problem.  Good luck.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra