You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.139 (Windows)

• Staff

A later release is now available here or pinned to the top of this forum

Click here to download the latest beta for Windows

Purpose: General Testing
Requirements: None

Hi, we have a preview of build 139 for you. Hopefully we will put it on Auto Update later this week, but for now it is just a manual download.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum. Many thanks for your continued feedback.

Fix List

Document Setup / Import
- (Windows) Fixed selection of a User Preset after editing
- Added Picas as a unit of measurement
- Fixed bleed labels for facing pages
- Fixed display of inner bleed guides in facing pages documents
- Fixed placing images from stock panel into picture frames in non-RGB/8 format documents

Document / Page Management
- Fix for master page objects not loading correctly, resulting in apparent loss of content / display issues
- Fixed various issues when symbols were used on master pages
- Document bleed is now applied correctly to newly created master pages
- Fixed crash when detaching a master page layer via Symbols Panel
- Fixed crash when attempting to apply a deleted master page

Tools and Menus
- (Mac) Moved View > Zoom to separate sub menu
- Added View > Preview Mode - hides all guides and applies 'Clip to Canvas'
- (Mac) Fixed Ctrl+Click in Swatches Panel
- (Mac) Fixed issue deleting Document Palettes
- Fixed Pages Panel so that masters and pages cannot be selected at the same time
- Fixed Navigator Panel so it always displays current spread
- Added Colour Picker tool to keyboard shortcuts on Windows
- (Windows) Fixed persistence of the 'Automatically Update Linked Resources' option
- (Windows) Fixed issues resetting defaults from Preferences
- (Mac) Guide Manager lists are now sorted
- Implemented Cancel / Undo for multi-image import
- Added a textual description to the Fields Panel
- Fixed crash selecting 'Edit Mask'

Text
- (Mac) Fixed entry of Line Breaks (Soft Returns)
- Fixed issue with text input due to invalid Tool context selection after using e.g. Fill Tool
- Autofit frame to text now accounts for hidden overflow text
- Autofit frame to text now honours bottom text frame inset
- Fixed interaction of Paragraph decorations and first line indents
- Fixed general character counting hyphenation issues with multi-byte characters and ligatures
- Fixed hyphenation issues with dictionaries using encodings other than UTF-8
- Fixed character width issues with specific OpenType fonts
- List tab stops now calculate correctly if document has been re-scaled
- Text Wrap for Text on a Path now wraps correctly to the open curve
- Text ruler caret now handles document scaling correctly
- Fixed issue accessing multiple decorations when editing a text style
- 'No Change' text style options now inherit base style values when edited
- Fixed issue entering 0 value for text style options when set to 'No Change'

Find and Replace
- Prevented Find and Replace from being enabled if no search criteria specified
- Fixed glitch preventing Find and Replace with empty replace string

Font Manager
- Fixed 'Locate Font' not wrapping at end of document
- Ensured 'Locate Font' always selects the relevant text

Resources
- Fixed Resource Manager to open with currently selected image(s)
- Resource Manager commands are now initially enabled correctly when images are selected
- Prevented unwanted Embedded / Linked Policy switch prompt when updating linked images

Export / Printing
- (Mac) Fixed issue printing where blank pages were generated
- Fixed Print dialog preview not reflecting current N-Up settings
- Fixed issue printing with page range and Booklet imposition
- Fixed instance where Print > Layout Height and Width fields could be reported incorrectly
- Fixed issues where Export could remove previously exported file
- Fixed bleed for single page PDF export

and the fixes included in the previous patch #133

Hooray - that's what I need at the end of a tiring Monday.

Some welcome fixes and additions. Am sure Preview Mode will be well received :)

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Installed successfully.

Did have one error popup during installation (which I failed to capture; sorry) saying that my install directory (or possibly the program itself) was not available, but the installation continued and seems to have worked properly.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Install fails (Setup Failed) as has been the case in the past (I think I reported as of .58).  It appears removing the existing installation is complete enough that when you restart the PC and try again it installs with no issue.  Funny thing this time, I use the Edge browser.  This time clicking for the download basically closed the tab.  No problem with Firefox.  That said, keep up the good work.  The beta came "just in time" for a project of ours and I'm not sure we would have made it without it.

Win 10 at 1803 level with 09 maintenance applied.

Thanks, A-team. Very important fixes. Hey, there are no page presets in "New Document". As I can remember they were there in previous version.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

10 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Can you try starting the app with the ctrl key held down to see if they come back? 

Yes, they appeared. Thanks Chris.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Thank you, folks. It's getting better all the time.  I haven't had problem with installation with any of the versions.

The automatic replacement of new images on embedded files is not working. I always found this feature in PP a wonderful addition. When opening a file that had the sketches of a book in them, it would automatically replace them with the newer versions of the images.

• Staff
3 minutes ago, sdrum said:

hank you, folks. It's getting better all the time.  I haven't had problem with installation with any of the versions

Thanks for the helpful feedback

3 minutes ago, sdrum said:

Thank you, folks. It's getting better all the time.  I haven't had problem with installation with any of the versions.

The automatic replacement of new images on embedded files is not working. I always found this feature in PP a wonderful addition. When opening a file that had the sketches of a book in them, it would automatically replace them with the newer versions of the images.

Please make a new forum thread for any bugs you find. (I expect it was a typo, but the images need to be Linked and not embedded to automatically update)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you very much all involved in this update.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

On 10/3/2018 at 5:13 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks for the helpful feedback

Please make a new forum thread for any bugs you find. (I expect it was a typo, but the images need to be Linked and not embedded to automatically update)

Installed without any problems on the latest Windows 1809 build.

Whenever I try to quit, I get the following error (also see attached pic):

Quitting
At least one file is currently being opened. Please wait for files to load before quitting the application.

There are no files being opened. I have to use Task Manager to shut down Publisher.

Quitting.PNG

@motoscoddie

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

Perhaps the latest posts to this thread might offer some guidance to help you?  I know it refers to Designer but the core code base is common to all the Affinity apps; just make sure you read SeanP's post, the fifth in the thread.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

I am using it and it works very good. Up to now, I have no glitches or bugs to report. 
Would be helpful if you could add a torrent for distribution of the beta, at this moment the remaining download time, (due to server load, I assume), is three hours, apróx. 

Waiting for the commercial release to come out. Will buy. Three thumbs up!

• Staff

A later release is now available here or pinned to the top of this forum

This thread is now locked

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon