You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

move image in the frame?

Hi, my image is a little bit bigger than the frame. It is fine, that the whole pic moves to the frame first. 

How can the image set to 100% and then moved a little inside the frame?

Thanks, lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

Thanks, but this does not work. I found the Copy, paste... with ctrl-click. And I tried left the frame tool. No success.

What I look for: the frame is say: 12x18 cm. The image 18x27 (300 dpi). First moving the image on the page it is 12x18 too; the full image is seen (maybe 400 dpi).

Sometimes I would like to see less as the full image and 1. see the image in 100%, so the frame is smaller as the image and there is some of the full image hidden. 2. I wish to move the image inside the frame. 

Hope it is better to understand now, regards, lars

If you place an image, you can’t do this without further action. This is, because "Designer“ differentiates between „image“ and „image frame“.

You achieve, what you want, by selecting the image, choosing menu „Layer/Convert to Picture Frame“ and double click onto the image. Now you can move it of resize it within its frame.

If you don’t want to follow these steps, don’t place an image directly, but use the picture frame tool to „draw" a picture frame and then use the „Place" command to put an image into it. 

Hi, a more simple way. I use APu only in a simple way to make a book with my photographies, as others collect their prints in shoe-boxes. It is not to get a price in graphics. So I have – the last one – 200 images, all the same format with the same margins. 

Then it is fine not first to make a frame with the frame tool and bring the image into it, but to move from the image tool or even Finder the images to the pages. They get a frame then and two klick and move bring it to the margins with snaps, the frame a little smaller than the files, as I told about above; the images are may be 400 dpi then.

In a next step I would like to make my book a little more different (graphics price). The dobble-click in this ! frame was fine to make a new mouse-symbol: 1. to change the frame and 2. by press ctrl or so move the image in it to have a detail. 

Thats why I in an thread before asked for making a sign to included images on the image tool field.

Regards, lars

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.