You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tab stop/curser

Hi

Must confess haven't looked at AP much since it came out as for me it's not advanced enough with page spreads or individual page width control but I thought I would have a little tinker around. Something that I don't get at the moment is if typing a numbered list and setting a tab stop, I can't seem to use back space key to push all text over to the tab stop. It does however seem to push the line across from the curser only the 2nd character in but refuses to carry all. Is it something I'm not doing. In InDesign the back space pushes the whole line from the curser point across to the tab stop. If I was doing a long listing then I would create a style but for this test I've used a short amount of text. It may well be some setting I'm over looking. Please advise.

Screenshot 2018-10-01 at 15.08.13.png

Hi Raymondo

I believe we are doing something similar to InDesign but It's not my strongest program so I could be missing something. If you enable show special characters, you will see that if there is space  on the line before the tab character it added there rather than on the second line.. So you need to use a second tab character to move the second line to the tab stop. It makes more sense if you thing of the tab as an actual character rather than just a space. 

Both Publisher and ID work in this way as far as I can tell but we may be trying different methods. Obviously we have the ability to just to a numbered list if that's what you need which does all this for you

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Ok, latest update appears to have addressed this issue making my topic null and void. Still would like to know though if the functionality to create more than a two page spread and be able to change individual page widths as in InDesign and Quark will be implemented before commercial launch and if not, when?. Can’t seem to get a straight forward answer at the moment. This issue has been championed by others as well, so come on guys, you’re usually very good at responding positively to  supporters questions.

3 hours ago, Raymondo said:

able to change individual page widths

We can change the size of page "Spreads" right now, not add to only one page's width unless it is a single page spread which is ... I will say; 'frustrated'.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Not a 3 page spread you can’t because at present you can’t create a 3 page spread without using guides...real pain! Need to have flexibility in page setup to create bespoke brochure folds etc. I don’t want to bang on about this because I’ve covered this extensively in the forum. Just need a straight answer from the developers. At present I can’t even get anyone to acknowledge that this is a valid issue.

On 10/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, Raymondo said:

At present I can’t even get anyone to acknowledge that this is a valid issue.

That is probably because it has been beaten to death across numerous threads and nothing has changed.  We have already been told quite clearly that this will not happen in the initial release but might be coming in a future version.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.