You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hey KateBrennan,

I'm testing this in a newer build (139) and it seems okay. I also cannot reproduce it in 133 so I think I'm missing something. What exactly are you doing? Are you applying the HSL adjustment from the Layers Panel or are you going via Layers > New Adjustment > HSL? What type of image are you applying the adjustment to? Can you attach it? 

Just creating a new file, putting a square on it, and trying to do the HSL adjustment from the layers panel did that.  Same if I use the menu.  I've attached a screen recording.  I'm literally just opening a new blank document and putting something on it, then adding the HSL adjustment.   Same thing happens if I add it on pictures or anything else as well.

If, by some miracle, it doesn't crash right away and actually opens the HSL adjustment window, just moving the sliders a bit has it crashing.

• Staff

Hi Kate,

It's absolutely fine for me but I do know this is a new HSL wheel so it could be that it needs more testing.

Can you close Publisher down and then launch it again with the ctrl key held down and just click Clear when prompted. 

Do you get a crash report at any point?

The first time I tried to reproduce this (also in a 'Print' document) the colour wheel in the dialogue box had a strange interference pattern which moved as the sliders were adjusted.

However, I can't reproduce this.

I do notice (possibly unrelated) that the selected object is no longer selected after applying Adjustments or Masks from the layer panel. (Applying Layer Effects keeps the object selected.)

[macos AfPub beta 1.7.0.145]

[ macos 12.6 Monterey; Memory: 16GB;  Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB; Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 ]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe this issue has been addressed in the latest beta 1.7.0.192

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.