You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers reordering after pages delete

A small glitch—not life threatening but annoying:
At some point in design process, I insert some layers
on top of others (not the default position for insertion...)
Then I decide to remove 4 pages from the base layout:
from that point, the "special" layers were back lower
in the stack, as if they are back to "normal" position.
That is in 1.7.0.133

Hi Chris,
That document was not saved with history, i'll try to clarify the steps here:
1 Working on a 24p document on iMac (10.12.6) running smooth as butter
2 During that part of process, I inserted some layers "on top" of others
3 I then separated 4 pages (the "cover") from regular (20) pages
4 Finished the day, document saved of course
5 When reopening it (20p): shuffling of layers...
6 100% sure that some of the upper ones went down...
7 because I had to dig down—under images—to find captions
Hope that helps, sorry to regularly unveil some "strange" display bugs :(

• Staff

Thanks. I've just tried it with a new document and an existing one but it seems OK. I've tried in in build 133 and 139. If it happens again, please attach (or PM me for a private Dropbox link) your document with its history and I'll take a look

While I was trying to this issue I had a crash when I tried to delete the first two and last two pages of a 24 page document. Later I tried again and I was able to delete the first two and then when I tried to delete the last two and there was a crash. Finally I started by deleting the last page (24), did so and tried to delete the 'new' last page (23) and crashed.
The only thing out of the ordinary was me changing the order of some layers on a few pages before trying to delete the first and last pages. I named some of the layers. All three crash reports are here. Archive.zip

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
On 10/2/2018 at 6:24 PM, Old Bruce said:

While I was trying to this issue I had a crash when I tried to delete the first two and last two pages of a 24 page document. Later I tried again and I was able to delete the first two and then when I tried to delete the last two and there was a crash. Finally I started by deleting the last page (24), did so and tried to delete the 'new' last page (23) and crashed.
The only thing out of the ordinary was me changing the order of some layers on a few pages before trying to delete the first and last pages. I named some of the layers. All three crash reports are here. Archive.zip

Thanks. I'll see if we can get anything from the crash reports. Do you still have that document and can you reproduce the crash with it? If so, can you attach that please?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Old Bruce

The devs have narrowed it down to the master page on Pages 22 and 23 but for some reason its not applied like a normal master. Are you able to give any information at all you might remember about how you made these pages and assigned masters to them etc? and if you did any form of editing of the master symbol whilst on this page?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

4 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi Old Bruce

The devs have narrowed it down to the master page on Pages 22 and 23 but for some reason its not applied like a normal master. Are you able to give any information at all you might remember about how you made these pages and assigned masters to them etc? and if you did any form of editing of the master symbol whilst on this page?

Thanks

A while back so I can't say for certain but I think I applied the Master Page to all the double pages and made a new one (duplicated ?) and applied that to 2-21 missing the last double spread. Then I deleted the first Master page. Sorry but I don't have the original of the file.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.