You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when you want to export a document

Hey!

I really loved working with Affinity Publisher Beta - I come from Scribus and it's so much better! So I designed a whole magazine and was able to export it to PDF several times. 

But now I'd like to export the final version - and everytime I click on "Export", it shows me, that there are overflowing frames (I click on Ignore and Continue) and then the Export-screen is shown for half a second and then the whole program crashes. 

Can I change something, so it won't happen again?

Yours (and again: thanks for the awesome program!)
Dominik

Hi Dominik,

First of all -- this forum is for general discussions and improvement ideas. Bug reports should be created in proper forums: have a look here.

Anyway, could you please share some details about the project?

1. Which version do you use (Mac or Windows)?
  2. Which build are you running (can be found in Help > About...)

I'm not a Serif employee, but I can imagine what help would they appreciate - narrowing the problem down.

Could you please:

• Create a copy of the file to not loose you work
  • Remove one page and try to export - if still crashes - remove pages until you can export.
  • If you are able to export sucessfuly - create another copy of the original file and delete all pages except the last one you removed previously.
  • Check if Publisher can export that page. If not and you are allowed to share the page - do it here. Quality Assurance Team will (hopefuly) investigate that further.

Sorry, yeah, I found out that there's a better forum for that. 

But while you are here: I work with macOS 10.14 (Mojave) on a Macbook Pro, Early 2015 - and use the beta version 1.7.0.133 of Affinity Publisher.

I followed your instructions - I deleted the last page I've changed ... and then I was able to export it. (I only changed the picture - overflowing frames were the same all the time). So now I replaced the image once again (by itself) and now I was able to export it! Thx!