You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Russian Hypenation and Spelling

I have installed Russian hypenation and spelling dictionaries (C:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher Public Beta\Resources\Dictionaries\ru-RU)

hyph_ru_RU.dic, ru-RU.aff, ru-RU.dic

and get a red marks over all words in text boxes, option to select Russian language to Spelling and Hypenation but no spelling and hypenation (also no Cyrillic script in the Character>Language panel).

What i'm doing wrong?

Wrong place and wrong filenames:

- move folder to here: C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Common\1.0\Dictionaries

- rename aff and dic file to underlined version: ru_RU.aff and ru_RU.dic

and restart Publisher. This will working. ;) 

• Staff
Just now, qwz said:

And 139 version crashes if i check Auto-Hypenation in the paragraph panel

Ok, sorry. Is that before you even type any text or with text added after (or before).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Please can you attach a sample file that will crash when this option is turned on.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Thanks, can you please attach the crash on open too,we want to avoid crashing whatever the cause,even corrupted files

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

I've not been able to recreate the crash on opening. When the crash report dialog is open please go to this folder and post the most recent crash report

%AppData%\Roaming\Affinity\Publisher\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports

1 hour ago, Pauls said:

When the crash report dialog is open please go to this folder and post the most recent crash report

Kind of off-topic, but I've been curious: When we get the crash report dialog it seems to say that the report will be sent automatically. But I've never been sure that actually happens. Does it?

Edit: Hmm. Just rereading the crash reporter text for a Publisher crash I just got, I see that it says a report has been created that "you (I) can send". Either I misinterpreted what it said when last I looked at one, or the wording has changed. Probably my fault :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 3 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.