qwz

Russian Hypenation and Spelling

I have installed Russian hypenation and spelling dictionaries (C:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher Public Beta\Resources\Dictionaries\ru-RU)

hyph_ru_RU.dic, ru-RU.aff, ru-RU.dic

and get a red marks over all words in text boxes, option to select Russian language to Spelling and Hypenation but no spelling and hypenation (also no Cyrillic script in the Character>Language panel).

What i'm doing wrong?

Wrong place and wrong filenames:

- move folder to here: C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Common\1.0\Dictionaries

- rename aff and dic file to underlined version: ru_RU.aff and ru_RU.dic

and restart Publisher. This will working. ;) 

Just now, qwz said:

And 139 version crashes if i check Auto-Hypenation in the paragraph panel

Ok, sorry. Is that before you even type any text or with text added after (or before).

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

I've not been able to recreate the crash on opening. When the crash report dialog is open please go to this folder and post the most recent crash report

%AppData%\Roaming\Affinity\Publisher\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left

1 hour ago, Pauls said:

When the crash report dialog is open please go to this folder and post the most recent crash report

Kind of off-topic, but I've been curious: When we get the crash report dialog it seems to say that the report will be sent automatically. But I've never been sure that actually happens. Does it?

Edit: Hmm. Just rereading the crash reporter text for a Publisher crash I just got, I see that it says a report has been created that "you (I) can send". Either I misinterpreted what it said when last I looked at one, or the wording has changed. Probably my fault :)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

I have the same issue. After I'd added Russian dictionary I got the red underlined text over the Russian words, and hyphenations still not working. Does anybody know any solutions on this topic?