You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pretty impressive, but still has lot of traffic barricades on the road not too far

I did some works with Publisher beta when it actually reminded me of Adobe InDesign a lot.  I hope I will buy Designer and Photo soon so I also will try the trial before deciding.  After discovering tutorials with Affinity on YouTube recently, in the fact, I tried to find good alternatives to Adobe but none of them was better than Affinity.  Adobe's prices are extremely unreasonable unless you make at least $60,000 a year after tax or you work for any company pays for whatever you need, just like they are doing that way someone airs a luxury car commercial for wrong audience massively across the US where no one can afford $50,000 car that cost 1/5 of 30-year house mortgage but rather feed their fantasy.  Real bummer.

Please make Photo (or Designer) more reliable for professional digital painter, comic book artist and anybody use graphic tablet, should be potentially better than Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint, evil corporate like Adobe should be afraid as well.  If $50 a pop is not enough to fund the development, I would suggest you to go with a subscription to keep the business afloat.  I would be happy to pay $80-$100 a year for the entire package or $10 a month instead of paying for upgrade to another licensed version.  Just make sure your customers get Adobe/Corel/major competitors supported files that can be transferred into Affinity apps.  Add the PDF and the web design to the list.  I'm not sure if Affinity Photo has LIghtroom-like features but you should make own individual version of Lightroom, I think Lightroom is pretty big deal for the photographers.

I found some struggles with Publisher beta. I use full HD 27-inch external monitor connected to my five-year-old MacBook Air.  System texts are too small, fuzzy or jagged, nearly unreadable for me to work, despite artworks look fine. I'd like that to be little bigger and crispy or "high resolution" texts, I already use the dark mode in latest macOS as much as I prefer.  I don't want to change the resolution of my computer display, in a case.