You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there any option in AD to convert fonts automatically to curves while importing a pdf file?

I have the problem theat I need to work in imported pdf files and very often the pdfs were created with fonts that I do not have installed => error message after import "fonts not found (...) .

I do not need to change the textes but I need to replace the text layers within the document. So converting all texts to curves would be very helpful for me.

Any idea? Thanks!

Is there any option in AD to convert fonts automatically to curves while importing a pdf file?

I have the problem theat I need to work in imported pdf files and very often the pdfs were created with fonts that I do not have installed => error message after import "fonts not found (...) .

I do not need to change the textes but I need to replace the text layers within the document. So converting all texts to curves would be very helpful for me.

Any idea? Thanks!

I find that to be an excellent suggestion; I did precisely the same suggestion on this post. I am not sure just how legal that would be, and at least MattP isn't, either.

On that subject, I'm still waiting for a more definitive answer and, in the lack of it, whether the guys at Serif could, by themselves or through a proxy (like me, for example) sort it out.

But I'll add my €0,02: all of the Affinity suite components should be able to place a .PDF as a linked file and still make use of the embedded glyph data, much like Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop already do, even though it might not be editable. The fact that even the latest betas of Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo both ignore said embedded glyphs and use a fallback font instead makes me believe that either it's a bug or, more likely, a feature that has yet to be implemented.

Am I right in that assumption? Anyway, I will add it seperately to the feature requests if I don't find it there or on the roadmap, to make it more visible.

• 1 year later...

I have urgent need for this feature! I often work with pdf which needs to be edited slightly and it is pain in my ass to always watch after badly converted fonts. I would rejoice for a tick option "Convert all texts to curves when importing".

Foxit and Acrobat readers open these pdf without any font substitution. I just wish the say would work aswell in AD, but no it doesn't. Please remove forced font substitution in AD!