You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Compatible Versions Designer and Photo?

• Staff

@Daltongang

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Sorry, the Publisher bugs on Windows forum did have a thread pinned on this subject, but not this forum. It does now

When we start the 1.7 Mac and Windows customer betas of Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo these buttons should enable. In the purchased version of Affinity Publisher these buttons will only enable (independently) with a purchased version of Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer of 1.7 or above

< EDIT > Please see this correction < /EDIT >

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

fde101 I would expect them both this year but cannot say more than that

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
6 hours ago, lexislav said:

Reading designer file in Publisher results in some broken text, missing margins and guides. Is this known issue and would be targeted eventually in feature betas? Is that related to older file format?

This isn't a known issue. Please make a new thread and supply your Affinity Designer file that shows this fault.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, just catching up here.

On October 2nd Patrick Connor wrote "When we start the 1.7 Mac and Windows customer betas of Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo these buttons should enable. In the purchased version of Affinity Publisher these buttons will only enable (independently) with a purchased version of Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer of 1.7 or above"

Perhaps I'm not reading that properly but does it mean that those of us who purchased early versions of Affinity Photo and Designer  will not get a free update to v 1.7 enabling those buttons?

I seem to remember that we were promised free updates for two years but honestly cannot remember when that ran from. Was it the time we purchased, or the initial introduction of the alpha programmes?

Let me stress I think they are all amazing value, especially with the fantastic support Affinity provides, and will be quite happy to purchase updates . Just would like clarification.

• Staff

Hi jhmdigital,
All users who have purchased Affinity Designer/Photo will have the respective buttons available in Publisher when released. So if you bought both apps (Designer & Photo) you will be able to access/use both buttons. If you only purchased one of them you will only be able to access the respective app you bought. This feature will be available from version 1.7 and above - which means you will have to update your existing apps (Designer & Photo) to v1.7 (for free as promised) to be able to use them with Publisher (when released).

• Staff

My initial information above was incorrect, sorry. We have decided not to enable the additional personas in the Affinity Publisher free beta with the customer beta builds of the other desktop applications (ADe & APh), so my earlier post is now misleading. However the (free update) 1.7 release builds of Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo will enable the equivalent Affinity Publisher personas.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Staff

The other personas are simply not active at the moment, but they will not have the full functionality of the other applications and their additional persona, no.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

5 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

The other personas are simply not active at the moment, but they will not have the full functionality of the other applications and their additional persona, no.

Will there be "Edit in Designer…" and "Edit in Photo…" menu items in the released version of Publisher?

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

5 hours ago, ronnyb said:

Will there be "Edit in Designer…" and "Edit in Photo…" menu items in the released version of Publisher?

They exist in the current beta version, and I would expect them to remain in the released version, but only time will tell.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
13 hours ago, ronnyb said:

Yes

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.