You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I miss this filling function, or at least I can not find it if there exists!

I need to fill in selected areas with a "pattern", a bit like you can do with CAD programs.
In Photoshop it exists in the "fill" function.
I attach a screen.

Does this possibility exist in Affinity?
Thank you!

Riempimento-PATTERN.jpg

Hi there Raff,

There is no vector pattern fill available, but there is a bitmap fill you can use for patterns. With the Fill Tool, change the Type to Bitmap. That imports a bitmap image, and then you can click on the lock icon to constrain it. I hope this helps.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

2 minutes ago, Raff said:

Thanks Toltec! It is not exactly what I hoped, but I will try to adapt it to my needs.

Forgot to mention, you can fill a selection (single image, not tiled) but you need to Duplicate the selection first. Make the pixel selection, duplicate it so just the selected area is on the new layer, then use the gradient tool to fill it (as I described above).

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

9 minutes ago, toltec said:

Hai dimenticato di menzionare, puoi riempire una selezione (immagine singola, non affiancata) ma devi prima duplicare la selezione. Fai la selezione dei pixel, duplicala in modo che l'area selezionata si trovi sul nuovo livello, quindi usa lo strumento sfumatura per riempirla (come descritto sopra).

I tried duplicating the level with only the selection, but it does not work!
It makes a black fill ...
Instead it works if I apply the fill at the basic level.

11 minutes ago, Raff said:

I tried duplicating the level with only the selection, but it does not work!
It makes a black fill ...
Instead it works if I apply the fill at the basic level.

Was the correct layer, selected and a pixel layer ?

I normally Duplicate the pixel selection because you can also drag an image onto the Duplicated layer (nesting position) which clips the image, like a mask.

clipped.jpg.37521de50ebe7ec6c6e57a5e98251c36.jpg

king.jpg.8c973c214497a180954031a0ec7ceafd.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 1 year later...

This was exactly what I was looking for to make a simple fill to show the back and front of a piece of fabric in a diagram. Is there a way to save it like you can save colours in swatches and can I change it’s colour or do I have to remake outside in each colour. Thanks in advance Alice 

Welcome to the forums.

You could create a Style from a layer containing the bitmap fill but you will probably have to adjust the fill after applying it to another layer as the bitmap will be stretched if the new layer isn’t the same size as the original.
You can also create a Document Palette and add your bitmap fill to that – via the Swatches Panel – but you will also probably have to adjust the fill after application.
Or, you could create a raster image that is large enough for your largest piece of fabric and make that an Asset so you can drag that asset into the layers as needed.

And there are probably many more possibilities.
If you can give us a more specific idea of what you need then we should be able to give more specific advice.

• 4 months later...