AdamRatai

[AD] Changing document dimensions mess up symbol line sizes

Everytime I try to rescale this document from 512x512 to 1024x1024,  some lines ends up much thicker than they should. I Agree it is bit mess up, not very well organized document, but this should not be a problem I think. It looks like there is something with symbols.
I work on Windows version, Designer ver. 1.6.5.123

I attached a file for further investigation.

Designer_2018-09-28_14-04-06.thumb.jpg.7c1f2aa8e96eeb1c6418b2c760f9a85a.jpg

emoji affinity designer resize document size mess up line width.afdesign

Hi AdamRatai,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Select the blue line in your symbol go to the stroke width pop-up in the context toolbar and tick Scale with object. All linked symbols and new ones based on this symbol should then look correct. For those you have un-synced or detached (non-symbols) you have to select them all on canvas first and tick this property for all to update. Then you can change the document size.

Thanks for answer and remedy.
I think when I rescale image, every line with or without "scale with object" ticked should scale accordingly, thats I think is most expected behaviour, of course I can be wrong/
But my point is -  I scaled image x2, so lines should be x2 thinner, not about 20x thicker. There is something wrong with scale recomputation in some cases.

That's great, thank you! I would like to add that after some time working with this document, I tried to do this again, and line width goes nuts after 2x rescale.line-width.thumb.jpg.f895baad31894961f0a5bed89d9d4496.jpg

I attached new document, steps are exactly the same - just rescale this document from 512x512 to 1024x1024 . I think there is something specific in this file, because I made this operation few times (when exporting to PSD you need to have right resolution before export, because you cannot change it in export window) and something like this never occured.

emoji affinity designer resize document size mess up line width even more.afdesign

On 10/1/2018 at 8:18 AM, AdamRatai said:

Thanks for answer and remedy.
I think when I rescale image, every line with or without "scale with object" ticked should scale accordingly, thats I think is most expected behaviour, of course I can be wrong/
But my point is -  I scaled image x2, so lines should be x2 thinner, not about 20x thicker. There is something wrong with scale recomputation in some cases.

You are right. I misunderstood your post. My apologies.

No need to apologise! thank you All for a good work and wonderful software.
User feedback is a always tricky thing, especially when they use not very fluent english, and description is bit cryptic.