You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pdf Color export is not correct

Go to export... and click on the more button, Under the Profile option make sure its set to Use Document Profile.
2093955992_ScreenShot2018-09-28at10_27_10.png.a6af1c59b6f3ffd90172e1a3e534212c.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I checked the afdesign file and it as a profile for sRGB, when I export the file I get...
yc1hm6r46t011.pdf

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

2 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

I checked the afdesign file and it as a profile for sRGB, when I export the file I get...
yc1hm6r46t011.pdf

zoom your file, its all pixelated on zoom,
dont know why, there is not image to rasterize,

thats why when exporting you must select also the "nothing" option, and maybe you get a wrong color result too

1 minute ago, >|< said:

I think you have set the Rasterise option of the PDF exporter to "Nothing", and the exporter has neglected to adjust colours of the vector objects to approximate the effect of the Levels adjustments. Even when an approximation is made, it's unlikely to be good. You will need to manually adjust the colours of the objects if you want accurate vector output.

thats correct, i have to set it to "nothing" otherwise its all pixelated on zoom, not a vectorized pdf.
why it ignores the level adjustments is the mistery,
also its a mistery on why it makes it all pixelated even when i select "unsuported propieties", witch should be something for images, not the vectors, and there is no image,
however everything is still pixelated,

3 minutes ago, >|< said:

Outputting the effect of adjustment layers requires rasterisation.

how that makes any sense? i mean, its a vector software, i want save it in a export format  that allows me to keep the perfect quality, 
what other option i have that works?

Its ignoring the levels adjustments you have made to the group, if you turn both of the levels adjustment layers off you get the same colours as the exported PDF

• Staff

@Dind,

33 minutes ago, >|< said:

Software can change the export colours of the vector objects so that they match the result of adjustment layers, but Affinity is failing to do that.

Correct! It's not exactly failing to do so, but not designed to change the colours to match the adjustent layers without rasterization. 

2 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

@Dind,

Correct! It's not exactly failing to do so, but not designed to change the colours to match the adjustent layers without rasterization. 

that looks an incorrect behaviour to me,

what other options i have to export the design in vectorial quality preserving the colors after adding the adjustment leyers?

Those are raster effect adjustments. Vector will be rasterized under that condition.

If you want vector to be vector, then color elements how you want them without adding adjustments that will force these elements to be rasterized.

I redid your strip in a couple minutes. All is then vector.

2 minutes ago, >|< said:

Again... the Affinity apps' PDF exporter has an option to not rasterise. When enabled, as in the case of the OP, and there are adjustment layers in the Affinity doc, as in the case of the OP, the app is supposed to export vectors with their colours changed to approximate the effect of the adjustments. That colour changing sometimes works to some extent, but is failing to happen with the OP's example.

But as mentioned above, that's not how that checkbox works. Now, one could then argue that it simply should export the unaltered versions of those vectors. I would agree. But we would all be discussing why the vectors are not the correct colors anyway.

It's simple. Want vector? Color them correctly and don't rely on bitmap effects to do so.

3 minutes ago, >|< said:

...That's exactly the advice I gave the OP.

Yep...but it is also important to either disable the adjustments (think of them as helping to determine final colors only, then recolor the vectors accordingly) or delete the adjustment layers altogether and adjust the colors so there is no accidental rasterization later on.

Once the colors are adjusted as desired, make a palette for consistency. This is important with comic strips...but I would also add it is equally important for any consistency in any given document or series of documents (think of it as brand consistency).

Mike