You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am having a bad time with it.  Frequently, if I try to open an image file modified in Affinity I get an error message from "Security and Privacy" dome in 'Systems Preferences" that says that Affinity is NOT a qualified app and I have to go to that item in system preferences to override the block. which adds two more steps

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 7.33.33 PM.png

In general I always wait for the first update so 10.14.1 then Ill think about updating.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

On 9/27/2018 at 8:42 PM, capybara32 said:

I am having a bad time with it.  Frequently, if I try to open an image file modified in Affinity I get an error message from "Security and Privacy" dome in 'Systems Preferences" that says that Affinity is NOT a qualified app and I have to go to that item in system preferences to override the block. which adds two more steps

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 7.33.33 PM.png

is there any possibility that this is a permissions issue? I realize the warning relates to recognized software, but post new-os x installation, I’ve sometimes gotten screwy errors that suggest the mac didn’t even know where its own bum was.

my favorite: after working in PS, trying to save, the error said, “you can not save the file because it doesn’t exist” or, “..because the location doesn’t exist.” or equally nonsensical ideas.

Both were cured by redoing the permissions. YMMV.

This is invariably fixable in System Prefs: Security & Privacy on the General tab under the section headed Allow apps downloaded from: make sure Anywhere is selected (You'll have to unlock first)

1038449140_ScreenShot2018-09-30at00_10_49.png.a421ea14db3be6013549a40689dc1d2f.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

9 hours ago, capybara32 said:

Mojave, at least on my part of the planet has no such Anywhere button.

It is hidden by default in macOS Sierra & later versions. You can enable it using the method mentioned here, but since the Mac Affinity apps come from the Mac App Store, & Affinity apps are signed as an 'identified developer' as well (which is why we can run the Mac Affinity Publisher beta), that should not be necessary.

The error message indicates the OS thinks the jpg document file (not Affinity Designer) is an app from an unidentified developer that you are trying to install, which obviously is wrong. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to correct that but maybe another forum user can help with that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I have nearly no problem on Mojave. I can launch Designer just fine and yesterday I worked successfully on a document which came from Illustrator for PC..had a bunch of type to re-format and style.

However: There was a period during which AD was not "in front," and when I returned to it, I could see the window, and I could see my art, but I could not see any toolbars or pallets. Quitting and re-launching brought them back.

Could this be a...mis-interaction between Application and OS? Perhaps AD needing to display it's interface and OS not allowing it to because it had not been in front?

Hey,

My copy doesn't work well at all. Well, it opens, but no layers panel is visible and if I want to create a layer, Photo crashes... so at the moment, even when I open affinity file edited under high sierra and would like to create a new layer...it crashes then as well....

Anyone having the same issue? Tried to reinstall Photo but it didn't help.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...