You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blue lines around text boxes on pdf export

Hi all,

I am brand new to Affinity Publisher beta.  I've been using Microsoft Publisher for years but wanted to move away from it and explore something else.  Affinity Publisher, although foreign, feels pretty good so far. I know it will take time to feel as comfortable with it as MS Publisher.  

Question 1:  When I export my newsletter creation to a pdf, every text box used displays on the pdf with a blue border around it.  

Is there a way to make the textbox borders invisible or black?  

Question 2: Is there an easy way to have the date / volume and issue carry through from page to page.  Auto-numbering of pages would be great too!

I will be watching the long tutorial video on YouTube as well, but this will get me quickly on track for this week!

Thanks,

Gary

13 hours ago, pastorgary said:

Question 1:  When I export my newsletter creation to a pdf, every text box used displays on the pdf with a blue border around it. 

Is this visible in Acrobat, or do you mean the frame outlines of View > Show Text Flow?

13 hours ago, pastorgary said:

Question 2: Is there an easy way to have the date / volume and issue carry through from page to page.  Auto-numbering of pages would be great too!

Yes, you can use master pages for content that should go on each page. You can give them page numbers and other fields with View > Studio > Fields, and double-click on a field to insert it into text.

Hi Dave, 

1.) Blue Lines - My original export was viewed in the apple preview application.  I was either hallucinating or my updated PDF exports no longer have the blue lines.

2.) Autonumbering, etc. - Thanks, I'll do that!

Next step, after this busy weekend, is to watch the Affinity Publisher Beta tutorial on YouTube by Elaine Giles!  If you have any other recommended resources, please advise.

Thanks again for the helpful information!

Gary

1 hour ago, pastorgary said:

If you have any other recommended resources, please advise.

Hello @pastorgary,

welcome to the forum.

In APub go the help menu and select 'Welcome...'. In the right half there is a section 'View Tutorials'. This will take you to a page with 16 (at the moment) tutorials by Affinity.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil