You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

processing Infrared images

Can Affinity software offer the features found in Photoshop CS for processing IR photos: 16 bit color space,

ability to run Actions(?), run all of the NIK software suite and channel mixer functionality? Perhaps Affinity has

other tools that can process IR although I know there are different ways to process these images. This is becoming

a complex issue. HELP!

Richard Gold

• Staff

Hi Richard,

Affinity can work in a 16bit colour space. It can't use PS actions but you can create Macros within Affinity. Affinity Photo is compatible with the Nik collection you can find out how to install it here. We have a channel mixer adjustment that can be found in the Adjustments panel :)

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

On 9/28/2018 at 4:47 PM, richard gold said:

Is there a way for me to find out

Have you tried the search box on these pages? Entering infrared produced scores of results. Only a few of these would be  useful to you but the one by James Ritson should be.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Thank you el.gato and John,

Your information was very helpful. I will look in the search box and did not know about it before. I am also glad that Affinity seems to have what is needed to

create a quality IR image. One other possibility is to download Elements+ to join Elements 13. I never realized that much of PS functionality is contained in Elements but is hidden until

E+ is added. The channel mixer is one benefit.  All that is the easy part. The real challenge is to elevate what people create from being a 'gimmick' to becoming a respected piece of photographic 'art.'  When I look at the galleries of what folks are producing I can only hope I can get close.

Richard