You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inverted photo import

This exact same thing was happening to me last night in Affinity Designer iPad.  I used “place image” from photos app and drag from upper left down to the right.  Not all images had this problem.

I tried different methods: Place image and dragging down from top left or right caused the image to come in upside down.  Dragging up from bottom left or right caused the image to be right side up.  Place image and clicking and the image came in upside down.  

The problem images I think may have all been selfies (can’t recall for sure).  Possible they were taken with the camera “upside down” and Photos automatically displays them in the correct orientation???

I have attached the problem image.

6C530447-C4A0-4E66-BB4C-9774A71EEF28.jpeg

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Pro / 32GB / macOS 13.3.1

iPad Pro 12.9-inch 3rd Gen 2018 / iPadOS 16.4.1

iPad Mini 6th Gen - 2021 / iPadOS 16.4.1

• Staff

Hi guys,

It's more likely the issue with EXIF rotation. I believe the EXIF is saying something like 'rotate image xxx degrees clockwise' which should display it the correct way up, but we aren't reading it correctly. The image that jdharper (welcome to the Forums by the way :)attached works fine because inserting an image into a post strips the EXIF out.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.