You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Olympus HI RES raw files shot down Affinity

I was hoping that after an update, it would be fixed, but it still doesn’t work. Any time I want to use hi res raw files which are 64mp, to do a panorama, or focus merge, the program crashes.   Hi res JPEGs work, but i don’t want to use JPEGs. I sent a message also on FB and no one ever replied back. That in itself is very unprofessional in my opinion. I have to tell you, this isn’t how you get customers away from Adobe. 

I’m not sure where you are getting your info, adobe supports hi res files from all 3 cameras: EM5 mark 2, EM1 mark2, PenF. When I use these hi res files in Lr/PS to stitch panoramas or     in focus stacking, it works. In fact,  it actually worked once in Affinity. Just one time. I stitched 4 photos and worked. But that was the only time. So it is most definitely a bug in your program. 

On an iPad. If I were to import a single hi res raw file from photos to make edits in Affinity, there are no issues. But as soon as I try to import 2 or more hi res raw photos, Affinity simply shots down. Like I said, these raw files are downloaded from my memory card to Apple photo without any issues. 

• Staff
On 10/2/2018 at 9:38 AM, Savingspaces33 said:

adobe supports hi res files from all 3 cameras: EM5 mark 2, EM1 mark2, PenF.

Adobe uses their own raw engine, we use Apple's. 

We cannot guarantee anything for unsupported files. They might work fine, they might partially work,  they might not work at all. 

10 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Adobe uses their own raw engine, we use Apple's. 

We cannot guarantee anything for unsupported files. They might work fine, they might partially work,  they might not work at all. 

I meant to write Apple. If Apple didn’t support the hi res raw files, it would not download the files. Isn’t that correct? I only shoot raw, and Apple photos never rejected the hi res files. Like I said, once and only once Affinity worked with 3 hi res files when focus stacked. I realize that it doesn’t make sense, but for some reason the program didn’t shot down that one time. If I can import a single hi res file into Affinity from photos, how is that possible? I’m going to send you 3 files for you to try. You let me know please. Try it and see what happens. Btw, if you look up my post history, the last time I enquired about my issues, the answer was that you guys were able to use multiple files. 

On 10/1/2018 at 5:49 AM, GabrielM said:

Hi @Savingspaces33,

We would need more details from you:

What camera model is it? Have you checked if it is supported by the current iOS version you run? 

If supported, can you please upload some sample files on our Dropbox account so we can have a look? https://www.dropbox.com/request/oL8rqE1E7rjtvEQpw38c

Thanks,

Gabe. 

I just sent 4 hi res raw files. Try focus stacking them.

On 10/1/2018 at 5:49 AM, GabrielM said:

Hi @Savingspaces33,

We would need more details from you:

What camera model is it? Have you checked if it is supported by the current iOS version you run? 

If supported, can you please upload some sample files on our Dropbox account so we can have a look? https://www.dropbox.com/request/oL8rqE1E7rjtvEQpw38c

Thanks,

Gabe. 

I received a confirmation email from Dropbox and see that the files are jpegs for some reason

• Staff
14 hours ago, Savingspaces33 said:

If I can import a single hi res file into Affinity from photos, how is that possible?

Have a look at this video. You cannot import it. It simply opens a black screen. 

Once again, nothing we can do about it. 

If you used Photos, that's most likely opening the embedded jpeg, and sending that over. But you cannot open the high res raw files using Apple RAW. Same scenario happens on the Desktop if using Apple RAW in develop assistant. 

7 hours ago, Savingspaces33 said:

This guy. Or if you give me his info, I’ll get to the bottom of this issue.

James won't be able to solve this issue either. Technically speaking, it's not even an issue. It's an unsupported format which does not open - Which is correct and expected. 

I hear what you saying. Can you explain to me how I was able to send you the orf files from Apple photos to you as an unsupported file? And how do I get these hi res raw files into Lr just fine from photos if it is an unsupported format? Or is Lr lying when it shows raw? Thanks.

948A42DA-2440-4427-AE59-F62CDD4EF31C.png

Edited by Savingspaces33