This feature is essential for me too, I have no idea how to insert vertical text in a simple way,

I am going to buy Affinity Publisher but I discover that the vertical text function is not available,

and I tried this almost two days in Affinity Designer, and it hasn't got this function too.

nearly 50% of printing works are still using the vertical format in both Hong Kong and Taiwan, especially the novel publishing,

I looking forward that developers could add this feature in the future.

On 6/22/2019 at 10:35 AM, tosicity said:

For developers.
Please tell us your opinion on the subject.
If you have a plan, show me the timetable.
If there is no plan at all. Please say that you will not implement Japanese typesetting.

For developers.
This is a very serious flaw.

This is the function most needed by Japanese.

We Japanese are waiting for a response.

Please tell us the development schedule.

Hi Affinity Team,

I was very satisfied with the Affinity Design, until the moment I realized that unfortunately it does not have a tool for writing vertically (Japanese characters).
Do you intend to add this feature? If so, is there a date?

(PS: This forum is about Affinity Publisher, but I'm trying in this forum too... :10_wink:)

Thank you

Best Regards.

Edited by tutiApps