wobmann

Remove individual master pages

This is a good idea. As long as you are only using two masters for one page, you can also reapply one of the masters and select Replace Existing in the Apply Master … dialogue. :)

56 minutes ago, wobmann said:

You can create multiple master pages for one page. I have not found a way to delete a single master page. It seems only possible to delete all master pages at once. It would be helpful if individual master page could be removed.

+ 1

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458

7 hours ago, A_B_C said:

This is a good idea. As long as you are only using two masters for one page, you can also reapply one of the masters and select Replace Existing in the Apply Master … dialogue. :)

You are totally right. Almost too easy ;-)

As long as there are no more than two master pages. And you probably do not need more than two master pages.

www.wobmann.com

5 hours ago, fde101 said:

You can remove an individual master by deleting its "layer" in the layers palette.

I hadn’t thought of this. That is a nice solution. But I have the impression that the layer system is currently worked on. If they decide to introduce global layers, things might change.

5 hours ago, A_B_C said:

I hadn’t thought of this. That is a nice solution. But I have the impression that the layer system is currently worked on. If they decide to introduce global layers, things might change.

They won't be able to change it that much because it would introduce issues when transporting the files back and forth with Photo and Designer.  Granted that they have the opportunity to introduce changes that will be available in all three programs, but substantial changes to the layer system would need to make sense in the other programs also.