You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

better navigation through pages...

in many cases when i move, scroll throug my pages,  i still need to see which page in te Pages tab  on the left i am at...  sure.. when i scroll further on, the pages tab moves..  but what i miss totaly is folowing funktion...

scroll through your document... double clik or click somewher on a page on the canvas,   and the same page gets selected in the pages menue left..   i still have to search on the pages area for the actual page... it doesnt jump to it automaticaly somehow...

Hallo Tom   (great name by the way !)

Well sure you are right..  tha palette scrolls through the place where i am..  but whe i click on the page canvas in indesign, the page gets instantly selected in the palette to.. here the behaviour in publisher is differing..  

Problem is..  i just cant select the next page by clicking  or double clicking on it.. i have to do this in the palette.. which is wired.. 

There seems to be a discrepancy between the pages panel and the bottom info. The grey box around the page thumbnail agrees with the bottom info but the blue box seems to be for when you want to do something to the page (delete it, move it etc). I think it just takes a bit of getting used to.

image.png.5e14213eedf8d71d0fc7afa0579e32a4.png

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

4 hours ago, Tom Schülke said:

Problem is..  i just cant select the next page by clicking  or double clicking on it.. i have to do this in the palette.. which is wired..

I agree. It would be better if the page you clicked on (or the page you were working on) were the one highlighted in the Pages panel.

In fact, this seems a bit buggy. In the attached screenshot,

1. I selected page 4 and put text into a Text Frame there. You can see Page 4 selected in the Pages panel.
  2. Then I scrolled up in the main part of the window, so that part of Page 3 was visible and available to work on. Note that I scrolled up so less than ~ 50% of Page 3 was visible. If I scrolled further it would become the selected page in the Pages panel. You can see that Page 4 is still selected.
  3. Then I chose the Artistic Text tool and created a word on Page 3, while Page 4 is the "selected" page.

I would have thought that that the page whose content I'm changing should have been the active/selected page.

activepage.thumb.png.d34951ec0d485ef09119cc26b536e5fa.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Agreed. The grey box on the pages panel doesn't seem to tell you much apart from which page occupies more of the screen. The blue box is significant because that page can be deleted etc but the grey box should really match the page your working on IMO.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM