You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

OBS Studio (22.0.2) not capturing Affinity Photo (windows) HELP!

So I'm trying to stream myself working on client projects using OBS Studio (streamlabs version or core version)

Sadly I cannot seem to get display capture to show ANYTHING and window capture will show affinity photo but it will not show docked/floating windows :/.

I've tried a lot of things including running everything as admin and still cannot get it to display.

Anyone here running OBS and affinity that can help?

Thanks in advance

Galeprime

• Staff

Hi Galeprime,

Welcome to the forums :)

We've had reports previously of the canvas not drawing/floating windows etc when using a window capture source for the Affinity exe and our devs are looking into this, but the display capture should work correctly for the desktop, and therefore Affinity.

When using a Desktop Source, can you see any other open applications except for Affinity, or does the display capture source show nothing? If it's the latter, I'd recommend restarting your machine and launching OBS before launching Affinity. Do you see the desktop/apps correctly now? And if you launch Affinity does OBS correctly record?

Could you please confirm what graphics chip/card you're using? I'd also recommend making sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Hi Dan,

Thanks for replying!

When using a desktop source I get a black screen (see capture1)

When using window capture I get the main persona but anything loaded and docked/floated within doesn't show up on OBS (see capture).

I'm on a laptop with the following spec:

Windows 10 64 bit

CPU
            Intel Core i5 @ 2.50GHz    50 °C
            Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
        RAM
            12.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (17-17-17-39)
        Motherboard
            ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GL553VD (U3E1)
        Graphics
          2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (ASUStek Computer Inc)  
        Storage
            931GB Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 (SATA)

Drivers updated to latest (411.63 19/09/2018)

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

• Staff

No problem, thanks for all the info.

I'd recommend following the fixes found at the following link, as the black Display capture is usually due to having an external GPU. 

https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/wiki/Laptop-Troubleshooting

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

Glad to hear it!

I'm not sure what causes the canvas issue when using Window capture, but our devs are aware and are looking into it :)

Thanks, happy streaming! B|

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...