Amber

Magnifier glitch

Since the recent update of AD, I have had issues with a glitch that happens when trying to select things. A “magnifier” seems to appear on the thing I’m selecting and doesn’t go away. I’ve tried several times and it just keeps happening. Very frustrating. Thanks in advance for help.

E2C80B2B-8E6F-447E-8B28-2E5D38C4B4E5.png

Hi Amber, I have seen a few reports of this occurring, and have experienced it myself so I suspect a bug. I have been able to get rid of the magnifier by long pressing with a finger elesewhere on the screen. Might be worth a try until this is fixed. :)

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.146 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Hi @Amber,

Welcome to the forums.

On 9/26/2018 at 12:44 PM, Amber said:

A “magnifier” seems to appear on the thing I’m selecting and doesn’t go away.

Does it go away when you lift the finger/pen? Does it go away when you switch tools? 

The magnifying glass appears if you tap-hold on the screen while using the Node-tool. See below

The problem is more evident if you initiate magnifier and lift finger without moving it. It is easy to remove but probably shouldn’t do what it is currently doing.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.146 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

On 10/9/2018 at 5:17 PM, GabrielM said:

I'm afraid no. We do not have an ETA at the moment. Sorry. 

Five months on, and this issue persists, are there any updates?

10 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

I'm afraid we do not have any updates. Sorry :(

:’( is there any way to escalate this?

I really want to ditch AI, but it’s things like this which are stopping me honestly.