You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Document contains missing fonts

In a document I have produced in APub I get this message shown at first loading the file, yet the font mentioned, "EB Garamond 12" shows up as one of my installed fonts. It also prints out this document properly with no trouble at all. I've grabbed two views of my windows/fonts display to show that I have 17 x EB Garamond 12 fonts properly installed.

Ashampoo_Snap_2018.09.26_09h39m30s_002_.png

Ashampoo_Snap_2018.09.26_09h38m58s_001_.png

Hi jrkay

Is the document created on the same machine or did you create it on another computer and transfer it over to this machine? If it's gone between two different machines it could be that the different machines have different versions of the same font. I;m not able to replicate it here as of yet though

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris

All done on the same machine. I read somewhere on the forum about trouble with windows font cache problems, this came under the too difficult category when I read about it on Google. where apparently you have to go into secret parts of windows and delete font.dat files. This kind of complication I didn't find I needed.

2 hours ago, jrkay said:

It also prints out this document properly with no trouble at all.

Does it look correct when exported to PDF, John? If so, you might try opening the PDF file in PagePlus to see if that offers up any clues.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

25 minutes ago, jrkay said:

PP shows an exclamation mark in front of the font title whe I load in the PDF

I think that’s telling you PP is using the font embedded in the PDF file.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.