You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Huion Inspiroy H640P tablet brush problem

Hello,

I have a Huion Inspiroy H640P tablet and pen and I am having the following problem.

When I try and use this in the Affinity Photo for Windows 10 I can see the pen move, I can select a menu item, move layers etc.

However, when I try and use the brush option it will not paint. I can see the brush move, change size, hardness etc. But it will not put down any colour.

I have tested that I am on the correct layer and not using the undo brush, by trying the pen, then put down the pen and without making any other changes I then use the mouse/trackpad, and they work fine.

I pick up the pen and without any changes try again and I can see the movement of the brush head, but nothing.

I have also tested it using the Windows doodle/paint/memo option and all work.

Affinity Photo version: 1.6.5.123

Hulion driver version: 14.7.6

Windows 10 Home version 1803

OS build: 17134.286

Laptop: Lenovo ideapad 305

Ram: 8GB

Intel i3 Processor.

So I have the most up to date version of driver and software, Windows is patched up to date. 

8 minutes ago, Tony_H said:

Thank for that, but if that was the case why would the mouse work without making any changes?

Sorry, missed that part in your post:27_sunglasses:

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

• Staff

The file limits for the forum is 20MB but you could always upload it to a cloud service and PM me a link to download. Long enough so I can see the tool being selected and used, also show the Layers and the Colour panels for me, just so I can check.

**It's worth double checking the Pressure settings, which is also on the Context toolbar.

Hello Lee, I seem to have resolved this. I uninstalled Affinity but left the tablet driver on. I then reinstalled Affinity and it seems to have picked up the driver and the pen is now working!  O.o I don't know if installing the tablet after Affinity overwrote something, but it seems to be up and running now :D Hope it helps anyone else would has this problem.