You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer | One Click Exports?

Hello! I recently converted from Inkscape, and I've been LOVING Affinity Designer so far, but there's one thing I'd really like to get some info on, and that's one click exports! See in Inkscape there's this nifty little tool where you can quickslot features. One of them being Exporting! Here's an example.

PRoZboH.png

So how this works is that all I gotta do is press "Selection", and then Choose my Export Location & File Name, and then Hit Export. Then whenever I choose to select that object again; those settings will be saved, and all I have to do is his "Export" again. So think of it as a one-time setup to allow me the ability of hitting Export over, and over again if I so chose to.

This is EXTREMELY useful to me as along side being a 2D Artist; I'm also a texture artist for game development; which means that there's a lot of back-and-forth between my texturing program, and my 3d modeling program. (Exporting the Image, and then refreshing the image in the modeling program, and then going back into my texturing program and making edits, and then repeating the process until I'm happy with the result.) HOWEVER! As it currently is in AD my process is quite lengthy! I have to hit the export hotkey, and then change the settings in this window

SrF7Ucs.png

To correctly match the things I need. (Because often I work in one main document, and then save that out to another document after I'm finished I also have to change the Area from Whole Document to Selection With Background.) And then I need to select where to export it to over, and over, and over again. This results in a pretty huge time loss in workflow.

So in summary; I'm looking to figure out how to create a setup similar to the one referenced in the picture of Inkscape, and if I can't do that; do you think there's any way that if I suggested this it would be added relatively soon?

Thanks a bunch for your help, and have a nice day!

Hello Popuri,

in export persona there is a option to export cotinuous, it wil update the exported item after every change you make.

export.thumb.png.0c4a9324816636193e3722391ceac586.png

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma