You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I apologize if this is something already brought up or if I'm not following something properly but I'm a new user to this program and the first thing I've noticed is an issue with calibration with the color picker tool which is odd seeing how the brush tool and eraser seem to be working normally. I've had an issue similar before with Clip Paint not being calibrated right but that was in every aspect not just a certain tool. I'm using a Wacom Cintiq 13HD Touch (touch is off), I'm running Windows 8.1 and Wacom driver are up to date so not sure how to fix this problem. Any suggestions advice would be helpful. If you need further information just ask and I'll see what I can provide. Kinda at a loss here. 

Color Picker digitally/internally reads directly the color that is currently displayed in the given location / pixel.

With the tablet pen, you only specify the coordinates of the pixel, you want to find the color.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

10 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @Natheren,

Welcome to the forums. 

What you do exactly mean by "Color Picker isn't Calibrated?"

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Well when using the color picker to select an area of an image to get the color I'm wishing to select the magnfier over the area I'm selecting isn't aligned to the area of my pen is on screen.  An example would be me trying to select a red area of the image but the tool is picking up a different color a good distance away from the red area I'm on. 

6 hours ago, Pšenda said:

Color Picker digitally/internally reads directly the color that is currently displayed in the given location / pixel.

With the tablet pen, you only specify the coordinates of the pixel, you want to find the color.

Yeah the location of the selected area where the pen is over isn't matching up, it's a good distance away from the area, but since the brushes and eraser is working properly I wasn't sure if there was something in the options messing it up or if this is a wacom/windows issue like it is in Clip Paint. 

Oh, so "calibration" does not apply to color accuracy, but accuracy of picker position.

Would a image/printscreen be provided?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

6 hours ago, Pšenda said:

Oh, so "calibration" does not apply to color accuracy, but accuracy of picker position.

Would a image/printscreen be provided?

Oh sorry yeah I had to use my old Note 8 tablet to record a video to show what I mean so I apologize for the quality but here's a dropbox link to a short mp4 of what's happening when I use the tool. https://www.dropbox.com/s/1w3ga6t0jx7n90o/20180926_212446.mp4?dl=0

• Staff

We tried several things:

• Using it without drivers - The pen tool acts like a mouse - no mapping available
  • Latest drivers from Wacom
    • Without Sign-out between updating the zoom levels, restarting app between the zoom level change
      • 100% Zoom in Scale and Layout, under Windows Display settings - All ok
      • Anything but 100 seems to mess with the mapping - Still no sign out of windows profile
    • With Sign-out between updating the zoom levels, restarting app between the zoom level change
      • Everything seems to be normal

Can you please confirm your setup? 

• Screen Scaling
  • Resolution
  • Display mode - Mirror, extend, etc

On 9/27/2018 at 3:25 AM, GabrielM said:

We tried several things:

• Using it without drivers - The pen tool acts like a mouse - no mapping available
  • Latest drivers from Wacom
    • Without Sign-out between updating the zoom levels, restarting app between the zoom level change
      • 100% Zoom in Scale and Layout, under Windows Display settings - All ok
      • Anything but 100 seems to mess with the mapping - Still no sign out of windows profile
    • With Sign-out between updating the zoom levels, restarting app between the zoom level change
      • Everything seems to be normal

Can you please confirm your setup? 

• Screen Scaling
  • Resolution
  • Display mode - Mirror, extend, etc

Apologies for the delay, ok since my last reply I did find out there was a window update that hadn't been loaded and that seems to have gotten things working correctly for the issue as well as the other software that was affected. I did notice the color picker started working normally on picking up sample colors on a normal input now, however, the deal with it being held down and the magnifier coming up is still doing the same thing as far as not selecting the spot I'm over. I'm assuming that feature might be something else since I am still learning this program. But just in case my resolution is 1920x1080 and I do have it on Extend. Screen scaling is at default. Again I could be possibly not aware of what the color picker is doing once in magnifier is coming up. 

Just tried this on my XP-Pen Artist 12 and it works fine, on a 1x1 point it followed the gradient exactly and also a test screen's colour bars.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions