rjdjing

Addition of Hand Tool (like there is in Photo) to allow ability to grab and drag a document rather than using scroll bars

Is there the equivalent of a Hand Tool or possibility of adding it (as there exists in Photo) where one could grab and move the document, instead of using scroll bars?

Thank you.

There already is a Hand Tool (or more correctly View Tool) last but one on the Tools (above Zoom and below Table).

Shortcut: H

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

ScreenToGIF (Open Source, Portable, ~610kB)

At least using Windows and a mouse with a scroll wheel,  one can also just press down the scroll wheel and drag too.

Unlike other applications, the pointer doesn't change to the hand. But it otherwise works identically. 

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

35 minutes ago, MikeW said:

At least using Windows and a mouse with a scroll wheel,  one can also just press down the scroll wheel and drag too.

Does that work reliably for you in Publisher? I just tried it and I'm dragging left but the page is trying to move right in kind of a stuttering fashion.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.331 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.330 Beta

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

Does that work reliably for you in Publisher? I just tried it and I'm dragging left but the page is trying to move right in kind of a stuttering fashion.

Yes, reliably. 

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.