You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

More Master Pages...

I may have missed something, but does anyone know if you can designate a single page in Master Pages as left or right? For example, if I want to create different right Masters for various purposes, say the first page of a chapter, is there a setting or do I just have to design for facing?

Also, is there a way to create a spread with asymmetric pages? For example, if I need to create pages a flyout on one side only?

Thanks Much
SDLeary

You can create a double master page spread,

then click on either left or right side of this master and drag onto your fresh created page (left or right) and this way you can apply only left or right “half” master page elements/distribution to the fresh effective page

be careful not to clic on the master page icon center, you should clik either left or right.... seeing the corresponding hilighting

I hope this helps you

Thanks for your response. I figured that this was the answer.

The real issue for me is somewhat of a visual one, one of identification. If only the right or left page is showing, it's much quicker to pick the correct master, especially when working on smaller screens where smaller icons are the norm. 

Thanks Much
SDLeary