You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes when pasting text into a Text frame tool

On 9/26/2018 at 2:49 AM, Al Grasso said:

Version 1.7.0.133 has crashed repeatedly when pasting large text into a small text frame.

I am experiencing the same problem. I have created text in Pages and when I Copy/Paste into a Publisher text frame the program crashes. Initially I thought that it only occurred when the pasted text overflowed the text frame so I created extra linked frames but I am still experiencing frequent crashes. The only solution I have found is to copy and paste in very small increments and Save after each paste.

This is not occurring with any particular file but text also copied from many Open Office and InDesign documents.

• 7 months later...

Ditto here...couldn't get off the ground. Any time I'd copy and paste text into a blank text frame with say, 2 columns...CRASH!! (Mac OS ...APub Version 1.7.0.312).

Just experimented with a text frame without columns: Success! I add one more column and so far, no crashing... Very frustrating bug.

Edited by carygee
Added Mac OS

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.