You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My printer (Ingram Spark) requires: "Bleed: 0.125" (3 mm) except on bind side (on the three trim edges.dded to the three trim edges (top, bottom, outside). Please do not add bleed to the bind (gutter) edge as this will cause incorrect positioning."

Publisher does not seem to offer to not have bleed on the 'blind side' (ie spine side). Am I missing it?  ie the bleed would be on different edges for left and right pages. I have a grey background to a book of photographs. I've pulled out the grey to protrude 3mm to their instructions as above. When I export to PDF it includes 3mm increase in size all around and so the PDF is 3mm too long (the book is landscape). The document set-up does not allow left and right page bleed control.

Can I correct this? 

Stefan

'Compostion'

I had reported this in another thread also, as the printer I go through has the same requirement. Beta 133 improved things a bit, but hoping to see this resolved in the not too distant future.

It seems to only affect the first and last page, as the spreads print out to the right size - a workaround that might work for the time being would be to have the facing pages start on the Left side (add an extra blank page to the beginning of the book and the end so that you only end up with full spreads) - when you print to pages, remove the first and last extra pages added to the PDF to make an even number of spreads with no single pages.

3 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi Stefan Szczelkun

We have Inner bleed which is what should affect the bind side. You may need to wait till the next build for this to be working as it should though

Cheers

Thanks Chris K,   I wonder how long the next build will be? I have a publishing date of 5th November. I used MS Word to layout the book until now!! It may have lead to registration issues and also other layout probs!  A work around I might try is to turn off bleed (but still pull out the background to provide the required 3mm bleed edges on right and lefthand master pages) and as the others comment above make and export as single pages. This leads to a PDF of the right size. But I haven't put that through the Ingram soft proof process yet.

Thanks for the replies guys!

and check out the book on the link above!

Stefan

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.