castorpollux285

[AD] Selection marquee tool problem in Affinity Designer

Hello,

when I try to make a selection with the selection marquee tool, objects get selected that are not inside the marquee tool. They get selected even when the marquee tool is only close to the object. 

Attached is a screenshot with an object selected, although the marquee tool does not touch it.

0_Screenshot_{datetime}_{random}.png

7 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @castorpollux285,

Welcome to the forums.

Are you using Mac or Windows? Can you replicate it if you create a new document? If you can, save it as an .afdesign and attach it here. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

I'm using a Mac. When I create a new document, the problem does not occur. But when I paste this object in a new document, the problem occurs. Attached is a document where the problem occurs.

Selection marquee tool.afdesign

Thank you for the file. 

We are aware of an issue when the Miter is set to a high value - in your case 60. 

image.png

Set the join to "Round", or set the Miter to 1 and you will be fine. Mitre only works on corners, so in your case can be set to 1 or Round and you will not see any difference. 

moved to bugs

1 hour ago, GabrielM said:

Thank you for the file. 

We are aware of an issue when the Miter is set to a high value - in your case 60. 

image.png

Set the join to "Round", or set the Miter to 1 and you will be fine. Mitre only works on corners, so in your case can be set to 1 or Round and you will not see any difference. 

moved to bugs

Yes, that was the problem, now it's working fine. Thanks for your help!