You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher doesn't start up

• Staff

Hey 3n41y,

Can you check Task Manager to see if Affinity Publisher Beta appears in the Process list?

Will it launch if you hold down the Ctrl key and click Clear when you get a message? Does it even let you get that far?

Can you try the most recent version:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/68379-affinity-publisher-public-beta-170133-win/

I have the same problem, sort of. If I launch from the Publisher.exe file in the installation folder it is fine. A shortcut in the same folder also works. But launching from the Start menu gives this message. This is for version 139 and it has  been the same with all versions of Publisher. Pressing Ctrl doesn't help. Nothing in the Task Manager/Processes panel. All other software works fine form the Start menu/taskbar.

image.png.51decda34d187119fc3c83778fcff048.png

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• Staff

What happens if:

1. You right-click > More> Run as admin?
  2. Right-click > More > Open file location - Does it go to Start Menu > Programs? Does it run if you use this shortcut?
  3. Make a new shortcut from the .exe that launches and pin that to the taskbar and see if that launches

Run as admin - nothing happens

Right-click > More > Open file location - it does go to the correct place

I can't create a shortcut in the publisher folder (presumably it is read only). For previous betas I had made the folder read/write and then created a shortcut. I'd moved that shortcut to the desktop and got the same error message when double clicking it.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 3:44 PM, Chris B said:

Hey 3n41y,

Can you check Task Manager to see if Affinity Publisher Beta appears in the Process list?

Will it launch if you hold down the Ctrl key and click Clear when you get a message? Does it even let you get that far?

Can you try the most recent version:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/68379-affinity-publisher-public-beta-170133-win/

Just downloaded and installed latest version today, Still not working. Photo and Designer both run fine.
Publisher does not appear in my task manager when double clicked, running as admin does not work, holding control while launching also doesn't do  anything.
Lauching publisher from the file location does not work.

Sorry for the late reply, been busy with a video project.

Just figured out what the problem was. So I installed both Photo and Designer in the same affinity folder. That works fine. However, After I installed publisher in that same affinity folder, both publisher and designer would not start up. So I uninstalled both publisher and designer and placed them in a different DIR and now they both work.

• Staff
14 hours ago, 3n41y said:

Just figured out what the problem was. So I installed both Photo and Designer in the same affinity folder. That works fine. However, After I installed publisher in that same affinity folder, both publisher and designer would not start up. So I uninstalled both publisher and designer and placed them in a different DIR and now they both work.

Thanks for the update. The apps share some common file names so installing into the same folder can cause issues. We should probably warn you during the installation process that this might be an issue. Glad you sorted it though. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.