You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What are your system specs and windows version?

You could check processes and memory, CPU usage from Task Manager too.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Yep, coincidence. I'd be very surprised if otherwise. Most likely sth is going on that is acting there, and it has happened at some point before or after installing the app... (maybe running an anti malware check would be highly recommended. If you do not see/detect anything weird in the task manager (fast shortcut in Windows : ctrl shift esc  ) I'd just download malwarebytes (not paid for that! is just the one I know working best for me) it's free for doing this kind of check and cleaning whatever malware bots it finds, once it ends the check (can take hours, depending on the system). The premium version can be activated from install. You can install it as premium, and then you get 30 days to test its full premium features. But you don't need that ( unless people constantly getting malware for their online activity. There the premium shield is more than welcome). Indeed, if it installs in a way that gets loaded with Windows start (is a security measure) you can disable that in preferences, as anything that loads in the background is resources lost, of course. What you describe could be produced by a collection of things, and malware is the one I always want to discard first (but a fast look at task manager is fast and first thing to do).   https://www.malwarebytes.com

I mean, of course it also happens if RAM has gone corrupt, disc hardware issues, or many other reasons. But a non malign TSR working in the background ( Affinity does not install any of those)  , or plain malware, are very common culprits.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11.