You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zapf Dingbats

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Chris B said:

Thanks dave4224, I'll look into this for you.

For what it is worth, Zapf Dingbats don't open for me either as a font type, although one can find a few using the Glyph browser.  Bodoni Ornaments work like a charm.  Also Type Embellishments.  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• 1 month later...

Wingdings work okay as well, it seems to be only Zapf dingbats. Unfortunately Zapf Dingbats has all the symbols I use! ITC Zapf Dingbats Std doesn't work either and that's supposed to be a 'real' font.

For square bullets, 'n' is the Dingbat key and I can only get that by using Apple Mungo and double-clicking the square bullet in the Mac's menu bar 'Show Emoji & Symbols' panel, so at least I have a workaround, although a tad inconvenient.

On 10/4/2018 at 12:39 PM, jmwellborn said:

For what it is worth, Zapf Dingbats don't open for me either as a font type, although one can find a few using the Glyph browser.  Bodoni Ornaments work like a charm.

Same here, Zapf Dingbats can only be placed with the Glyph Browser but Bodoni Ornaments are good with the keyboard as well as the Glyph Browser.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.